Create An Online Community For Your Brand
Building a web based neighborhood at the side of your ecommerce retailer might be probably the greatest strikes you make on your model. A neighborhood retains like-minded folks interacting with each other, engaged along with your model, and simply accessible when different neighborhood members want steerage or when your model has one thing to supply them. Tribe helps ecommerce shops (and nearly, anybody) harness the facility of communities with their platform and on this Tribe evaluation, we’ll cowl the whole lot that it could actually do and the way it might help you develop what you are promoting, regardless of the place you’re ranging from.
Let’s dive in.
What Tribe Does
It’s your buyer base that retains what you are promoting alive and in at this time’s on-line world, it may be difficult to create that busy-store feeling that prospects get after they store in-person. That sense of neighborhood is an enormous a part of the procuring expertise and it will get principally misplaced after we all store from the consolation of our personal houses. That’s why Tribe’s community-building platform is so vital—it helps create that busy-store feeling whereas additionally sustaining the benefits that on-line discussion board platforms contribute with its fastidiously thought-about options.
In a nutshell, Tribe is a fully-hosted neighborhood platform that you may combine into your web site—or run autonomously—and customise to match your model aesthetics. It’s just like the Shopify of boards and on-line communities. Tribe has created the software program and also you simply have to make use of it—it’s easy, simple, they usually’ve actually considered the whole lot that on-line communities want so as to flourish.
With Tribe, you possibly can create public or non-public on-line communities so your prospects can work together with you and different prospects, and there’s a social side to it that makes it interactive and fascinating as a result of customers can discover content material, observe threads and folks, ask questions, begin discussions, upvote, remark, and share content material. You have the choice to make it a neighborhood that’s built-in into your web site or you possibly can create a stand-alone, distinctive neighborhood web site—the choice is yours!
Although you possibly can construct a neighborhood on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, Tribe affords different functionalities that you may’t get from simply utilizing a social media platform to construct and develop your neighborhood. First of all, you don’t personal social media platforms they usually can shut down or take away your account at any time which may depart you within the lurch when you’re counting on it to interact along with your purchasers and prospects, whereas with Tribe, you might have rather more possession over your personal neighborhood.
On social media platforms, you additionally must play by the platform’s guidelines and share the kind of content material that’s greatest suited to the platform whether or not it’s photos or textual content content material, and as an alternative, Tribe offers you extra freedom on the subject of the kind of content material that may be shared. You can customise your neighborhood so customers can share all forms of totally different content material whether or not it’s photos, polls, Q&As, discussions, movies, opinions, and extra.
Using Tribe, you additionally put your neighborhood members within the driver’s seat they usually have the power to share the content material they wish to share, begin discussions, reply questions and extra, which they will’t do on social media platforms exterior of leaving feedback in your posts.
When it involves the social discussion board platforms that exist already like Reddit, you possibly can’t essentially create a whole subreddit about your model as a result of it may very well be in opposition to Reddit’s insurance policies, in order that’s why it’s vital to make use of a neighborhood platform like Tribe. With Reddit as effectively, you don’t personal the platform so you could possibly be eliminated at any time and also you additionally must play by their guidelines, which is once more why it’s so vital to create a neighborhood someplace you might have extra management over its future.
Who Tribe is For
One of one of the best issues about Tribe is that mainly anybody can begin their very own neighborhood with it. You don’t must have a web based retailer to attach it to, and actually, it may be a robust solution to construct an viewers of like-minded folks round a distinct segment you’re captivated with when you do finally wish to construct a enterprise associated to it sooner or later.
So many companies these days create a neighborhood first after which create merchandise to promote to them later, so use Tribe to construct that neighborhood first earlier than you get a enterprise up and working. This is one thing we cowl in our How to Start an Online Business When You’re Not Ready article, so verify that out if you wish to study extra about why constructing an viewers earlier than you might have merchandise to promote them is so vital.
Tribe will also be used to create a neighborhood for manufacturers that exist already. If you have already got a web based enterprise, you possibly can congregate your present and potential prospects in your Tribe neighborhood to get them discussing and sharing and interacting so you possibly can maintain them engaged along with your model and connecting with like-minded people.
Brands are already doing this! And they’re doing it as a result of it really works. It retains their customer-base energetic and coming again to their web site and their model top-of-mind. It additionally retains buyer help queries down as a result of folks can ask and reply questions amongst one another as an alternative of at all times reaching out to the customer support group.
Some of the businesses utilizing Tribe to construct communities round their area of interest embrace Decathlon, the most important sporting items retailer on this planet. Their Indian department has created a neighborhood to deliver sports activities lovers nearer collectively, sharing their suggestions, wins, experiences, and asking questions. Check out the Decathlon Sports Community right here.
Another firm, Smart Nora, which sells anti-snoring merchandise, began utilizing Tribe to enhance their advertising efforts. They have been spending the vast majority of their funds on social media adverts and search engine promoting they usually wanted an answer to get them a greater return on funding, so that they reached out to Tribe. This was their outcomes:
In 9 months their natural site visitors grew 5 occasions (500%) helped them save hundreds of dollars in adverts. Instead of spending cash on social media adverts, they’d the search site visitors for questions associated to wellness, sleep and loud night breathing. –Smart Nora Case Study by Tribe
They additionally noticed a discount in buyer help emails by 28% in six months which not solely alleviated their group but in addition their funds as every help e mail prices the corporate $eight.
Other Tribe customers embrace Skyscanner and ConvertKit—take a look at Tribe’s Customer Showcase for extra particulars on who’s utilizing Tribe and what sort of communities they’re constructing with it.
Why Use Tribe
The query isn’t actually why use Tribe, it’s why not use Tribe.
You actually don’t have anything to lose on the subject of constructing a neighborhood round your model, product or area of interest. Consumers crave that neighborhood really feel and folks search for on-line locations the place they will work together with people who find themselves as captivated with their pursuits as they’re, so when you’ve got a model otherwise you wish to have a model sooner or later, create a spot the place the folks which might be fascinated with your area of interest can come to hang around with others who’re simply as captivated with it.
Your neighborhood doesn’t must be large to make an affect, both. Start small—it’s an effective way to encourage folks to get entangled as a result of they’ll actually really feel like their voice is being heard and never getting misplaced within the crowd. Small communities could make an enormous distinction on your model too as a result of they’ll probably be your most loyal prospects and model evangelists that you may ask for suggestions and opinions and share your new launches with.
In quick, use Tribe to:
- Increase income
- Connect prospects
- Curate data
- Get user-generated content material
- Improve buyer lifetime worth
- Reach your core prospects extra simply
- Lessen buyer help tickets
- Get product opinions and suggestions
- Showcase social proof
- Grow organically with phrase of mouth
- Build model authority with the energetic neighborhood to again it up
- Develop a stronger and nearer connection along with your prospects
Plus, you should utilize Tribe whether or not you’re a sole model proprietor or when you’re half of a bigger group. Tribe has created devoted pages to serving to group members perceive how they will use Tribe to achieve their particular targets. If you’re a:
- Product Manager: Use your Tribe neighborhood to extend consumer engagement, drive retention, and enhance buyer lifetime worth.
- Community Manager: Use your Tribe neighborhood to interact your viewers, recruit model advocates, and enhance product use.
- Marketer: Use your Tribe neighborhood to construct an natural consumer channel, scale back acquisition prices, enhance natural progress, and set up your model as a thought chief in your business.
- Developer: Use your Tribe neighborhood to attenuate growth time, save sources, enhance consumer expertise, and go reside with a cutting-edge expertise infrastructure.
- Customer Support Team: Use your Tribe neighborhood to satisfy service degree agreements, scale back churn, lower buyer help tickets, and construct a data base.
And that’s only a glimpse into how Tribe is efficient in any respect ranges of a model’s group targets. No matter what your function is or whether or not you’re working what you are promoting by yourself, making a Tribe neighborhood will give rather a lot again to you simply as a lot because it offers rather a lot again to your customers.
And once more, what do you must lose by creating your personal neighborhood? You actually solely have one thing to realize.
Tribe’s Features & Services
Overall, Tribe affords three primary elements with its community-building platform: The precise platform, the widgets and API, and their app retailer.
Community Platform & Features
This is Tribe’s bread and butter and it’s the place the magic occurs—it’s what you employ to really create your neighborhood! Tribe’s neighborhood platform is tremendous effectively thought out and it’s clear that Tribe actually is aware of what functionalities on-line communities want so their customers can get essentially the most out of them.
Have a take a look at all the options that Tribe has outlined on their Community Platform web page which you should utilize to make your neighborhood superior. Click on every hyperlink to study extra about that individual function:
- Activity Feed: Use the machine-learned exercise feed to ship a personalised content material expertise that constantly improves.
- Multiple Content Types: Allow customers to put in writing articles, ask questions, submit solutions, take part in polls, and submit photos and movies.
- Gamification: Leverage badges, factors, and a leaderboard system to extend engagement.
- Analytics: Focus on key metrics and take proactive actions utilizing their highly effective reporting options.
- Virtual Currencies: Incentivize customers to take focused actions and permit them to redeem the cash on your providers.
- Smart Suggestions: Detect essentially the most related members to reply your questions utilizing Tribe AI, and provides customers the choice to ship requests.
- User Management: Easily tag customers, carry out a bulk import, ship invites to hitch, and handle roles with their intuitive interface.
- Moderation: Efficiently handle your neighborhood with their moderation software and preserve the standard of the neighborhood whereas scaling consumer progress.
- Behavioral Targeting: Track exercise, consumer habits, and create profiles to focus on members through contextual communication and enhance conversions.
- Integrations: Automate processes, seamlessly merge your on-line neighborhood into your current workflow, and create sturdy information circulate with direct integrations, webhooks, and API.
- Groups: Enable customers to create teams inside your neighborhood to function their non-public areas, precedence consumer teams, micro-interest teams, and the whole lot in between.
- Fully White-Label: Build your neighborhood with your personal branding to ship a white-label expertise. Change the whole lot from colours and logos to widgets and domains.
- Public/Private Access: Build a public or non-public neighborhood and set registration guidelines for membership. Enable single sign-on to permit current customers to log in easily.
- Onboarding: Onboard neighborhood members by telling your story, introducing key components, and presenting a set of motion objects.
- Custom Domain: Use your personal area title to retain your model.
- Notification Tools: Precisely goal your members with segmentation through newsletters, emails, and extra.
- Compliance: Create a safe neighborhood with regulatory compliance like GDPR and information safety laws.
- Content Categorization: Categorize content material and allow seamless data discovery with matters.
- Announcement Banner: Showcase a distinguished message with a call-to-action on prime of the homepage feed.
- Member Profile: Member info, networking choices, and all of the neighborhood actions are displayed fantastically right here.
- Internationalization: Create your neighborhood with the language of your selection. Select from an inventory of 20 totally different languages.
- web optimization Boost: Advanced web optimization settings to exactly management how search engines like google crawl and index your neighborhood website.
See—they provide a lot of options to make working your on-line neighborhood highly effective and distinctive to what you want.
Widgets & API
Tribe additionally affords ready-to-use widgets so you possibly can add invaluable components of your neighborhood to your product or web site. This means that you may add social proof out of your neighborhood onto product pages or you possibly can even add neighborhood discussions, consumer polls, and product opinions onto your web site.
Tribe additionally affords an in depth API so just about something you possibly can visualize in your neighborhood might be accessed through API. Get an introduction to Tribe’s API docs right here.
Tribe additionally has an app retailer so you possibly can combine your favourite apps into your neighborhood!
It additionally means that you may join it to your Shopify retailer with the Tribe Shopify App when you’re utilizing Shopify (Shopify Review) to run your ecommerce enterprise. You also can combine your neighborhood on to your Shopify retailer so your customers can log in seamlessly with their current credentials. Plus, it’s also possible to promote your merchandise proper inside your neighborhood and your neighborhood members can use the digital forex they’ve earned by interacting in your neighborhood in the direction of their purchases in your Shopify retailer—so it’s like having a reward program on your high-value neighborhood members!
Their app retailer primarily helps lengthen the capabilities of your neighborhood, plus it could actually even assist automate some facets of it! Here are some examples:
Plus they’ve so many different integrations on their app retailer together with MailChimp, Zapier, Google Analytics, Telegram, Google Calendar, Intercom, Stripe, and extra.
In true neighborhood spirit, Tribe additionally has their very own discussion board the place the general public can view their product roadmap! Here you’ll see what’s on the horizon by way of the options and functionalities they’re including.
Some of the issues we’re enthusiastic about embrace:
- A WordPress integration
- Broadcasting a submit by admins or moderators
- Bookmarking or saving posts
- Private inboxes
- Post scheduling
And rather more! It’s clear that the Tribe group actually listens to their very own neighborhood and desires to make their product as purposeful and versatile for his or her members.
Tribe’s Pros & Cons
Tribe has a very good factor going—check out what we expect their primary benefits and drawbacks are:
- Anything that you must create a neighborhood of individuals in your area of interest, Tribe affords. It’s versatile and adaptable to your wants
- Create public or non-public on-line communities
- Use widgets & their API to deliver facets of your neighborhood onto your web site
- Their app retailer integrations create extra functionalities on your neighborhood
- Tribe is for everybody—use it whether or not you’re a sole founder or a part of a group, or whether or not you might have a enterprise or not
- Members can write articles, ask questions, submit solutions, take part in polls, and submit photos and movies—nothing is off-limits
- Use Tribe’s digital currencies and gamification to incentivize member interplay and reward their engagement
- Integrate with Google Analytics so you possibly can keep knowledgeable about your neighborhood and monitor the metrics which might be vital to you
- You can white-label your Tribe neighborhood so it stays true to your branding and you’ll even use your personal customized area
- Create a neighborhood in any of the 20 totally different languages that Tribe affords
- Tribe’s product roadmap is publicly obtainable they usually’re open to bettering their platform to swimsuit their customers
- Tribe is GDPR compliant
- At the second, there’s no built-in function to cost members a month-to-month subscription payment if you wish to arrange a premium, paid-for neighborhood. It’s doable to create it via Zapier in the mean time, nonetheless, they’re planning to make this function built-in to Tribe in the direction of the top of this 12 months.
- Not all options, apps, and functionalities can be found at each pricing degree. It’s vital to have an intensive look via their detailed pricing web page to grasp what’s obtainable at every pricing degree and what’s not.
Tribe affords a 14-day free trial and in addition a free plan, which affords a good however restricted quantity of performance. Here’s a take a look at Tribe’s pricing:
- Free: $zero/month
- Custom area
- Theme management
- Groups or sub-communities
- Essential apps
- 500 members
- Community help
- Plus: $85/month
- The Free plan, plus:
- Unlimited members
- White-label branding
- Plus apps
- API entry
- Email help
- Premium: $249/month
- The Plus plan, plus:
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Advanced analytics
- Premium apps
- Staging setting
- Chat help
- Enterprise: Contact Tribe
- The Premium plan, plus:
- Custom apps
- Custom design
- Enterprise apps
- 24/7 help
You actually don’t have anything to lose and the whole lot to realize on the subject of constructing a web based neighborhood round your area of interest, model, or enterprise and the excellent news is that it’s related to anybody—whether or not you have already got a enterprise or not! Get constructing a neighborhood inside your area of interest when you don’t have a product to promote but, and if you’re promoting merchandise then get your prospects concerned and interacting in a single place—your on-line neighborhood. Tribe has all the nitty-gritty particulars discovered so you will get arrange simply and really participate in your neighborhood.