Have I got a #chemistry story for you! – Thirty-Seven
Thanks to the oldsters at Chemistry World‘s Chemistry In Its Element, I’ve gotten the prospect to make use of my NPR voice to inform the tales of six compounds. How can a compound have an fascinating story? Link a bunch of atoms collectively. THE END. Ah, that’s not the story. The story is about combating a illness. Or discovering out what landed all these folks within the ER. Or studying how we discovered that surprise drug. There are flash begins, sluggish burns, dramatic endings, and cliff hangers. Below are the tales I got to inform. Click on the hyperlink and take a pay attention.
- Carminic acid – a pink dye with one hell of a historical past
- Methyl salicylate – a winter’s story that burns (Want extra? Here)
- Sodium azide – makes airbags work, makes us…
- Cedrol – a beautiful scent that may save lives
- Brominated vegetable oil – ER docs hadn’t seen this situation in a long time (What extra? Here)
- Haloperidol – researchers did make what they deliberate on – they made one thing much better.
I hope to do extra of those podcasts – there are many some tales to inform!