How to Completely Disable OTA Updates on iPhone or iPad
Over the Air (OTA) updates are the simplest manner of delivering a smartphone working system set up file to the respective customers very successfully and at no trouble virtually. The OTA replace information on iOS are usually downloaded within the background and the person doesn’t even get bothered by a obtain pop-up in a lot of the instances.
However, whereas that is perhaps helpful for many customers, loads of superior customers of iOS don’t like having OTA replace notifications. Numerous new updates that Apple rolls out for his or her iOS customers include vital bugs and will render a tool gradual, buggy and unusable and that’s undesirable. Geeks may simply await a extra secure replace and reject the OTA replace notifications, however doing so manually is a waste of time and it’s very annoying on the similar time.
There’s a manner you’ll be able to disable these OTA updates rolling to your units as quickly as they’re launched, and this doesn’t even require a jailbroken system.
Why ought to somebody disable the OTA updates?
To loads of iOS customers, disabling working methods may sound absurd. But an incidence of Apple rolling out buggy updates to their customers isn’t very unusual. In truth, it occurs just about on a regular basis when a brand new model of iOS rolls out. Updating from iOS 9 to iOS 10 had not been a clean journey for many customers, particularly those that are utilizing iPhone earlier than the 6s era. Even the iPhone 6s customers have encountered hassle with the connectivity and battery life after putting in the primary iOS 10 replace on their iPhones.
That’s one motive to disable iOS OTA updates on an iPhone. Another motive, the older era iPhone customers might are not looking for to replace the iOS model to the most recent one as a result of there’s a chance of the iPhone slowing down. Legit causes!
Steps to Disable OTA Updates on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Disabling the iOS OTA updates on a jailbroken system is simple. Simply putting in a Cydia repository would do the entire job, nonetheless, non-jailbroken customers might not have that a lot of a luxurious but it surely’s nonetheless very simply doable. Just observe the steps talked about under:
- If any replace is already downloaded on your iPhone, you want to delete that. Navigate to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud and faucet on Manage Storage. Navigate to the Storage tab, faucet on the OTA replace file awaiting set up and faucet Delete.
- Open Safari and open this url: https://cdn.unlockboot.com/wp-content/obtain/NOOTA.mobileconfig
- This web site will level to an iOS software program profile which can be downloaded to your iPhone and immediate you for permission throughout set up. Allow the set up.
- The downloaded profile is extracted from the Apple TV OS. This OS at the moment solely has beta updates which received’t be downloaded to an iPhone. This is a difficult workaround to stop iOS OTA updates rolled out to iPhones.
- Once you put in the profile, reboot your system and wait.
- After the reboot is full, you shouldn’t see any replace prompts inside Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Conclusion: If you ever want to get OTA updates once more, merely uninstall the tvOS profile you could have put in.