How to Install Seafile to Sync and Share Files on CentOS 8
Seafile is an open-source, high-performance, safe and enterprise-ready file synchronization and sharing resolution constructed utilizing Python. It options easy knowledge group utilizing libraries, quick, dependable and environment friendly synchronization between gadgets.
It comes with built-in encryption the place a library is encrypted by a password chosen by you and recordsdata are encrypted earlier than syncing to the server. Additional safety is applied by way of Two-factor authentication, virus scan for recordsdata, and distant wipe.
Recommended Read: How to Install Seafile on CentOS 7
It additionally helps backups and knowledge restoration, file sharing and permission management (you possibly can share libraries and directories to customers or teams, with read-only or read-write permissions). Seafile additionally helps file histories (or versioning) and library snapshots which permit you to simply restore any file or listing/folder within the historical past.
Besides the Seafile Drive shopper helps you to prolong the native disk area with the huge storage capability on the Seafile server by merely mapping cupboard space on the Seafile server as a digital drive on the native machine.
This article exhibits how to simply deploy Seafile as a non-public cloud storage server with Nginx because the reverse proxy service and MariaDB database server on CentOS 8.
- A recent CentOS 8 set up server with 2 Cores, 2GB or extra RAM, 1GB SWAP or extra and 100GB+ cupboard space for Seafile knowledge.
Installing Seafile File-Hosting Software on CentOS 8
1. If you’re deploying the Seafile for the primary time, we advocate that you just use an automated set up script to simply deploy Seafile service on the server utilizing the next instructions.
# cd /root # wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/haiwen/seafile-server-installer/master/seafile-7.1_centos # bash seafile-7.1_centos 7.1.zero
After invoking the script, you can be prompted to select the version of Seafile to set up, choose
1 for Community Edition(CE) and hit Enter.
2. Once the set up is full, you will note the message within the following screenshot, exhibiting the set up particulars/parameters.
The Seafile server package deal is made up of the next elements:
- Seafile server (seaf-server) – the principle knowledge service daemon for dealing with uncooked file add, obtain and sync. It listens on port 8082 by default.
- Ccnet server (ccnet-server) – the RPC (distant process name) service daemon which allows communication amongst a number of inner elements.
- Seahub – the Django internet front-end; it’s powered by a lightweight Python HTTP server gunicorn (by default, Seahub runs as an utility inside gunicorn).
three. The Seafile root set up listing is
/decide/seafile, you possibly can view its contents utilizing the ls command.
# cd /decide/seafile/ # ls -lA
four. Also, in the course of the set up, the installer begins the Nginx, MariaDB, Seafile, Seahub providers, and different required providers for now, and allows them to mechanically begin after a system reboot.
To view the standing of every service, run these instructions (exchange standing with cease, begin, restart, is-enabled, and many others. to carry out the corresponding motion on a service).
# systemctl standing nginx # systemctl standing mariadb # systemctl standing seafile # systemctl standing seahub
5. By default, you possibly can entry seahub utilizing the tackle seafile.instance.com. The Seafile configuration file for Nginx is /and many others/nginx/conf.d/seafile.conf and right here you possibly can set your area title as proven.
# vi /and many others/nginx/conf.d/seafile.conf
Change the road:
server_name seafile.tecmint.lan; to server_name seafile.yourdomain.com;
6. Next, restart the Nginx service to impact the newest adjustments.
# systemctl restart nginx
7. If you’ve the firewalld service operating, open the HTTP and HTTPS protocols within the firewall to permit requests to the Nginx server on port 80 and 443 respectively.
# firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent –add-service=http # firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent –add-service=https # firewall-cmd --reload
8. After establishing the all Seafile providers, to entry Seahub, open an internet browser and level it to tackle (exchange the area title to what you set within the Nginx configuration file for Seafile).
9. Wait for the seahub login interface to load. Then login with the admin person’s credentials created by the installer (run cat /decide/seafile/aio_seafile-server.log to view the set up log file and get the login credentials).
# cat /decide/seafile/aio_seafile-server.log
10. Enter your the seafile admin e mail and password within the following login interface.
11. Once logged in, you will note the Seahub admin person’s foremost administration interface. You can use it to edit settings; create, encrypt and share libraries, and extra.
To allow HTTPS for Nginx, see this information: How to Secure Nginx with Let’s Encrypt on CentOS 8
For extra info, learn the Seafile official documentation. And additionally keep in mind to share your ideas about Seafile with us through the suggestions kind under.