How to Install Seafile to Sync and Share Files on Ubuntu
Seafile is an open-source, small and safe cloud storage answer for file synchronization and sharing, constructed utilizing C (on the core) and Python. It options file encryption and group sharing, group of recordsdata into libraries and a library will be encrypted and protected utilizing a password.
It extends your native disk area with the large storage capability on the Seafile server with dependable and environment friendly file syncing. Every file is encrypted earlier than syncing to the central server. Sefiles additionally help enterprise options akin to AD/LDAP integration, group syncing, division hierarchy, information administration, fine-grained permission management and extra.
Recommended Read: How to Install Seafile to Sync and Share Files on CentOS eight
This information will stroll you thru the steps to deploy Seafile as a personal cloud storage server with Nginx because the reverse proxy service and MariaDB database server on a Ubuntu server.
A recent Ubuntu server with 2 Cores, 2GB or extra RAM, 1GB SWAP or extra and 100GB+ cupboard space for Seafile information.
Installing Seafile Server on Ubuntu
1. The best and advisable method to arrange Seafile on Ubuntu is by utilizing the automated set up script. First, join to your Ubuntu server by way of SSH, then run the next wget command on the command immediate to obtain the auto-installer script and run it with root privileges.
$ wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/haiwen/seafile-server-installer/master/seafile-7.1_ubuntu $ sudo sudo bash seafile-7.1_ubuntu 7.1.zero
2. Next, the installer will immediate you to choose the version of Seafile to set up, enter
1 for Community Edition (CE) and click on Enter.
three. When the set up is full, the installer will produce a report of the method as proven within the following screenshot. The report can be saved below the Seafile set up listing.
four. By default, the Seafile bundle is put in in
/choose/seafile, use the ls command to view the contents of the listing.
# cd /choose/seafile/ # ls -lA
The core parts of seafile are:
- Seafile server (seaf-server) – the primary information service daemon which listens on port 8082 by default. It handles uncooked file add, obtain and syncing.
- Ccnet server (ccnet-server) – the RPC (distant process name) service daemon designed to allow inside communication amongst a number of parts.
- Seahub (django) – the online front-end that’s served by a lightweight Python HTTP server utilizing gunicorn. By default, Seahub runs as an software inside gunicorn.
5. During set up, the installer arrange numerous providers akin to Nginx, Mariadb and Seafile-server. You can use the next systemctl instructions to verify if the providers are up and working. To handle them the place mandatory, change standing with cease, begin, restart, and is-enabled to apply the corresponding motion on a specific service.
$ sudo systemctl standing nginx $ sudo systemctl standing mariadb $ sudo systemctl standing seafile-server
6. Also, by default, the installer configures seahub to be accessed utilizing the area title
seafile.instance.com. You can set your area title within the /and so forth/nginx/sites-available/seafile.conf configuration file.
$ sudo nano /and so forth/nginx/sites-available/seafile.conf
Look for the road:
and change it to:
7. Then restart the Nginx service to apply the latest adjustments.
$ sudo systemctl restart nginx
eight. If you could have enabled the UFW firewall service on your server, you want to open port 80 and 443 within the firewall to permit HTTP and HTTPS requests to the Nginx server.
$ sudo ufw permit 80/tcp $ sudo ufw permit 443/tcp $ sudo ufw reload
9. Now that the seafile server is up and working, now you can entry and begin working with Seahub. Open your internet browser and navigate utilizing the next URL (bear in mind to use the area title that you simply configured within the Nginx configuration file for Seafile).
10. Once the login web page load, log in with the admin consumer’s e mail tackle and password. To get them, verify the seafile set up log file.
$ sudo cat /choose/seafile/aio_seafile-server.log
11. Now present the admin e mail tackle and password, and click on Log in.
12. The following screenshot reveals the Seafile server internet administration interface. Now proceed to change the default admin password and customise settings; create, encrypt and share libraries; hyperlink your units and add or import customers, and extra.
To allow HTTPS for Nginx on Seafile server, see this information: How to Secure Nginx with Let’s Encrypt on Ubuntu
There you could have it, you could have simply arrange a Seafile server with Nginx and MariaDB on a Ubuntu server. For extra info, see the Seafile documentation. Give us suggestions utilizing the remark kind under.