Kuo: Apple to Launch AirTags, Small Charging Mat, New iPads and Macs, High-End Headphones, and More in First Half of 2020
MacRumors uncovered proof of a hidden “Items” tab in iOS 13 for “AirTags”
“We forecast that Apple’s major new hardware products in 1H20 include the 4.7-inch LCD iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro/Air, smaller wireless charging mat, UWB tag, and a high-end Bluetooth headphone,” wrote Kuo in a analysis word with TF International Securities, a replica of which was seen by MacRumors.
Our perception on these merchandise:
- four.7-inch iPhone: Apple is broadly rumored to be planning to launch a brand new low-cost iPhone with an identical design because the iPhone eight, together with a four.7-inch LCD show and a Touch ID dwelling button, however with a quicker A13 chip and 3GB of RAM. The system is anticipated to launch by the top of March, with pricing predicted to begin at round $399 in the United States.
- iPad Pro refresh: New fashions with a triple-lens rear digicam system that helps 3D sensing for augmented actuality are anticipated to be unveiled as early as March.
- MacBook Pro/Air refresh: It is unclear if Kuo is referring to the chance of both of a brand new MacBook Pro or MacBook Air or each, however earlier rumors recommend 13-inch MacBook Pro with a scissor switch-based Magic Keyboard will launch in the primary half of 2020, following in the footsteps of the 16-inch MacBook Pro final October. Apple final refreshed the MacBook Air in July 2019 with a True Tone show and a decrease $1,099 beginning worth.
- Ultra Wideband tags: Last yr, MacRumors uncovered proof of Apple engaged on Tile-like merchandise monitoring tags in iOS 13 code, together with a potential “AirTags” identify. As with iPhone 11 fashions, Kuo believes the tags will assist Ultra Wideband, which might possible make it attainable to find the tags with a lot higher accuracy than Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi.
- High-end headphones: Kuo didn’t present any particulars about these headphones past claiming that they may assist Bluetooth. Bloomberg‘s Mark Gurman beforehand reported that Apple-branded over-ear headphones had been below growth, however it’s unclear in the event that they had been canceled, grew to become the Beats Solo Pro, or in any other case. MacRumors has additionally uncovered proof of Apple growing new Powerbeats4 headphones, however the current Powerbeats3 usually are not thought-about excessive finish.
Farther out, Kuo mentioned the worst state of affairs for Apple associated to the brand new coronavirus outbreak can be suspending the qualification and mass manufacturing schedules for brand new merchandise in the second half of the yr.
“If there are no significant improvements regarding the coronavirus epidemic in the foreseeable future, we predict that Apple may delay new material adoptions or lower test requirements for components to shorten qualification processes and launch new products in 2H20 on schedule, and the lower spec will likely hurt the ASP of materials or components,” wrote Kuo.