Linux Mint 19.three Will be Released by Christmas » Linux Magazine
Just in time for the vacations, the builders behind Linux Mint have introduced that model 19.three (Tricia) will be launched by December 25. The beta for the upcoming iteration has already been made accessible (obtain from one of many official mirrors right here) for the general public to check.
The newest iteration of Linux Mint incorporates quite a few new options. One such characteristic is the System Reports device. This new device detects potential points in your pc (corresponding to a lacking language pack, multimedia codec, new firmware drivers, and so forth.).
Tricia can be the primary launch of Linux Mint to incorporate High Dots Per Inch (HiDPI) assist. This will be a boon to anybody operating small display laptops (corresponding to 13”, excessive decision shows), as it should permit them to run Mint in a decision becoming of the high-end hardware.
Other options embody:
- Celluloid changing Xplayer because the default multimedia participant.
- Gnote changing Tomboy because the default be aware taking software.
- Drawing changing GIMP because the default picture editor.
- Panel zones can how have completely different textual content and icon sizes.
- Nemo contextual menus can be configured.
- Improved startup animation.
- Window focus mode is now configurable in System Settings.
- Simplified window settings.
- Hardware Detection Tool was added to the BIOS menu of the ISO photos.
- Numerous paintings enhancements.
- Cinnamon four.four, kernel 5.zero, and an Ubuntu 18.04 bundle base.
Make certain to test the official Linux Mint website for extra bulletins of this thrilling new launch.
Official announcement right here.