Senior Product Manager | New York, NY
The Muse is probably the most trusted and beloved profession platform, connecting people and corporations on a extra genuine stage. We assist over 75 million folks trying to craft significant careers by means of TheMuse.com and our employer companions. Smart firms work with us to draw right this moment’s prime expertise, giving candidates the data they should discover the corporate that’s proper for them. Why? Because life’s too brief to hate your profession.
As a Senior Product Manager at The Muse, you’ll contribute on to the success of our candidate-facing product ecosystem and take part in strategic discussions that outline our product roadmap and trajectory. You’ll instantly oversee the Candidate Journey squad and contribute strategically to the Content squad, making certain that our web site’s 5M+ month-to-month distinctive guests analysis, discover, and apply for his or her best-fit jobs and careers.
In this position, you’ll keep and assist outline the product roadmap, handle agile sprints and group communications, and run a decent build-measure-learn improvement cycle. You’ll associate intently with Engineering, Design, and stakeholder groups to make sure probably the most impactful concepts are nurtured, validated, examined, executed, and iterated on.
How you’ll make an impression
- As product lead for the Candidate Journey squad, you’ll be liable for conversion to job pages, buyer acquisition and retention, and NPS rating throughout candidate functions. You’ll associate with the Content and Employer squads to drive functions.
- You’ll hit the bottom operating by managing the in-flight priorities to hit present commitments and deadlines.
- You’ll take over the dash course of instantly and develop into acquainted with our backlog and roadmap. You’ll oversee ongoing agile backlog grooming, prioritization, and administration.
- You’ll make the most of obtainable information to attract inferences and conclusions that inform product selections.
- You’ll write dev-ready product necessities with clear acceptance standards.
- You’ll scope, doc, and validate roadmapped options to assist prioritize them in upcoming sprints.
- You’ll get to know the competitors’s options, choices, and worth propositions—and assist The Muse keep its distinctive edge within the business.
- You’ll assist the Design group in furthering our consumer analysis acumen and conduct your individual analysis to understand and anticipate buyer wants.
- In partnership with our Director of Product Design, you’ll assist outline the UX of our web site and personal the positioning “wrapper” reminiscent of navigation, homepage, and footer.
- You’ll associate intently with Marketing stakeholders to steadiness consumer wants with enterprise necessities.
- You’ll oversee high quality assurance for all functions, together with function testing, regression, and launch assist.
- You’ll mentor different members of the Product group, present steering on greatest practices.
- You’ll symbolize Product, Design, and Engineering to different departments and throughout The Muse broader group.
Why we’ll love you
- You have a want to develop into a site professional within the space of job searching for, matching, recruiting, and hiring.
- You’re pushed to enhance your tactical software program administration expertise, are impressed by new greatest practices from different industries and corporations, and share your acumen with the remainder of the group
- You really feel compelled to remain knowledgeable of latest applied sciences, tendencies, patterns, and programs that may assist The Muse keep its aggressive edge
- You deal with User Research like leg day—it’s painful however you by no means skip it. You at all times put the consumer first, and construct a deep properly of understanding and compassion for candidates and employers.
- You’re an excellent associate to your stakeholders in Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, and management, and might talk successfully throughout division boundaries.
- You adhere to a strict Agile course of that permits The Muse to keep up focus.
- Your written communication is eminently clear, concise, and efficient at managing conversations and protecting sprints shifting.
- You’re targeted on the objective and prioritize work ruthlessly.
- You use information—market, qualitative, quantitative, and heuristic—to make knowledgeable selections.
- You can get scrappy and hacky to unlock product progress.
To be thought of, you’ll want…
- 5+ years of related expertise a fast-growth tech startup, no less than two years in client acquisition, B2C conversion-driven internet functions, and/or two-sided marketplaces
- Rich information of conversion-driven internet functions, interfaces, usability patterns, and frameworks
- Experience with Search; Elasticsearch expertise is a plus
- Experience product managing fast-moving Agile and CI/CD groups
- Code competency: a fundamental understanding of the capabilities and limitations of React and associated frameworks
- Strong Analytical expertise, together with the flexibility to derive insights from information units, analyze product utilization, measure adoption, and perceive consumer wants
- Expert communication expertise that may leverage the advantages—and overcome the drawbacks—of a semi-distributed engineering group
- Deep expertise crafting product necessities and specs
- Understanding of UI/UX design ideas, ideas, greatest practices, and instruments
- An eye for, and appreciation of, good visible design and clear consumer experiences
- The capacity to be autonomous, pushed, and self-directed
Why you will love us
- You’ll work at a tech firm based by two badass ladies—Our founders consider transparency is necessary in order that they actually attempt to share as a lot as they’ll about modifications to The Muse technique, board conferences, and when they’re wrestling with massive company-wide selections.
- The Muse truly has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” coverage, so you may come to work on a regular basis understanding you’ll at all times be surrounded by good individuals who genuinely care about you.
- We put money into rising our folks—personally and professionally
- We supply limitless trip—and we imply it!
At The Muse, we consider that nice concepts come from anyplace. We assist a collaborative atmosphere and worth open participation from people with completely different concepts, experiences, and views. We consider having a various group makes The Muse a extra attention-grabbing and revolutionary place to work, and we try each day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this may very well be your dream job, please submit a canopy letter and resume, so we are able to get to know you slightly higher.